Aptly referred to as the “mountain camp”, UCSA’s Bainskloof camp centre high up in the Limietberg Mountains combines first-rate accommodation and facilities with an unsurpassed experience in nature. Due to its rugged location, limited space is available for outdoor games. However, the camp centre’s own scenic eco-hiking route and the nearby river with natural pools for swimming, more than make up for that. Add to this the crisp mornings, an abundance of pure mountain air, and the quietness that sets in during the late afternoon as night starts to fall, and you can be sure that you will leave at the end of your stay physically and spiritually re-energized.
The camp centre provides group accommodation for 120 persons and is ideal for focussed programmes in inspiring surroundings for youth, church, and other groups. It also has a 10-bed apartment and a free-standing 4-bed cottage (both self-catering) that can be rented independently.
The venue is furthermore a good choice for conferences, weddings, birthdays and other private functions.
R301, Bainskloof Pass, 13 km outside Wellington
GPS co-ordinates: S 33 37.050; E 19 06.074
The town of Wellington
• fully-equipped kitchen
• hall (120+ persons)
• self-catering (on-site catering service available on request)
• sheltered braai (bring own braai grid)
• cellphone reception (not guaranteed)
• swimming (only allowed under supervision of a first-aider)
• hiking (centre’s own scenic eco-hiking route; hiking in the adjacent Limietberg Nature Reserve requires a permit from Cape Nature)
• Heide (flat): R850 for first 2 persons per night, and then R140 pppn
(max 10 persons)
• Protea (cottage): R850 for first 2 persons per night, and then R140 pppn
(max 4 persons)
Easter weekend and period from 16 December to 10 January:
• Heide (flat): R1400 per day (max 10 persons)
• Protea (cottage): R900 per day (max 4 persons)
• Weekend: R140 pppn (learners and adults)
• During the week: R120 pppn (learners and adults)
• Children younger than 5 years: Free
Included in fee: use of fully equipped kitchen, accommodation
Not included: personal eating utensils, cleaning materials, bedding, and pillows
• Deposit: R2 000
The deposit will not be paid back if booking is cancelled within 6 weeks of the dates booked
• Minimum number: 30 people
• Day visitors: R70 pp (09:00 – 19:00), with a minimum of R2100 pd.
• Hire of the hall per day is R2500.